General Requirements for Employment
To begin a career at the JPSO, applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or received a G.E.D.
- Must be of good moral character and pass an extensive background check.
- Pass a pre-employment examination with a competitive score
- Pass an oral interview and a polygraph examination
- Pass a thorough medical examination, including a drug screen
- Must have no felony, drug or domestic convictions
- Must posses a valid driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on handicap status.